Rimkus and its employees both feel it is important to give back to the many communities we live and work in across the country. Calendar year 2017 was no exception. Our program of employee charitable contributions along with the Company matching those contributions led to just under $155,000 going to those in need.
We established an Employee Hurricane Relief Fund to assist those of our employees in need as a result of Hurricanes Harvey and Irma, which combined to affect nine of our offices along the Gulf and Atlantic coasts. To assist employees in need, the Fund distributed $40,000 in assistance to help effect repairs to their residences.
This year’s primary charity was Habitat for Humanity. Our employees provided $50,000 in donations, and we had nearly 50 employees working on new home construction in Houston and Tampa.
In addition, we made contributions totaling $63,000 to local chapters of other charities including the following:
- All Hands and Hearts – helping communities suffering from natural disasters
- Kids Meals – Adopt a Family Program – nutritious means and Christmas gifts for under privileged children
- Ronald McDonald House – supporting critically ill children and their families
- Children’s Miracle Network – raising money for critical hospital care for children
- Night Court – a Houston Bar Association fund raiser for local charities
- No Longer Orphans – supporting orphanages in India
- Wide Horizons for Children – supporting orphanages