ISO 27001 Certification
To insure that our data handling and general security practices meet the highest standards, we have achieved ISO 27001 certification.
Who to Contact Concerning Your Personal Data
Peter S. Poland
Rimkus Consulting Group, Inc.
Eight Greenway Plaza, Suite 500
Houston, Texas 77046
Personal Data We Collect and Process
It is our intent to collect as little Personal Data as possible and only as needed to perform our assignments. The quantity and scope of that information varies by the type of assignment being undertaken. Personal Data collected or received may include but not be limited to the following:
- General identification and contact information, such as your name, address, e-mail, and telephone number.
- Any Personal Data you provide us via correspondence, including but not limited to e-mail, voicemail, and recordings of telephone calls to our staff and offices.
- Payment information (from our clients).
- Pursuant to rendering certain services to our clients, we may occasionally receive information about an individual’s current or former physical, mental, or medical condition, health status, injury or disability, or medications consumed.
- In the course of processing job applications, we receive identification numbers issued by federal or state governments, including, but not limited to, Social Security and driver's license numbers. Sometimes we also receive this information in the course of rending services to our clients.
Our Use of Personal Data
We do not sell Personal Data. We use Personal Data for:
Services and Transactions: We use Personal Data to render services or execute transactions, such as providing information about our business to you, processing orders for services, and providing services. We also use Personal Data to comply with internal policies and procedures, and to comply with judicial and regulatory obligations.
Website Improvement: We may utilize Personal Data to enhance the ease of use and security of our websites and related services.
Marketing Communications: With your permission, we may use Personal Data to inform you of services available from Rimkus. We will provide you with opportunity to opt-out of receiving such communications.
Employment Applications: Pursuant to job applications and employment inquiries, we receive Personal Data, which includes, but is not limited to, educational and employment history. Rimkus may utilize Personal Data supplied by job applicants and inquirers for purposes of employment consideration.
International Transfer of Personal Data
As an international company, we may transfer Personal Data for the purposes set out above. Rimkus may store and process Personal Data in the United States or any other country in which Rimkus or its subsidiaries maintain facilities, including countries that may lack the same data protection laws of the country from which you initially provided the Personal Data. By choosing to use our websites or choosing to do business with Rimkus, you consent to any such transfer of information. In compliance with governing law, we take appropriate measures to protect the information we transfer.
We utilize cookies to simplify access to our online assignment feature to save the user from having to reenter contact information with each assignment. The cookie is stored on the user's personal computer and is not available to Rimkus. While most browsers automatically accept cookies, you may modify your browser settings to reject cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being placed on your computer.
Sharing of Personal Data
Rimkus may share Personal Data with the following pursuant to its rendition of business services or as required by law:
- Our clients regarding assignments we undertake for them and through which the Personal Data is provided for our use in rendering services.
The following requests and objections may be sent to email@example.com:
- You may request to access, update, or correct your Personal Data.
- You may exercise your right to data portability.
- Based upon your location and governing data protection law, you may be able to make additional requests and objections. For example, if the EU General Data Protection Regulation were to apply to the processing of your Personal Data, you would have the right to object to the processing on grounds relating to your specific situation, and could request to have your Personal Data deleted or restricted.
Right to File a Complaint
Should you feel that our processing of your Personal Data is not compliant with applicable data protection laws, you may file a complaint directly with us via firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, you may file a complaint with various data protection authorities based on your location.