Construction Deficiencies at Federal Courthouse
During the construction phase of a Federal Courthouse, the courthouse was experiencing moisture intrusions at various locations due to alleged construction delays in the building’s envelope.
Rimkus was retained to conduct site inspections to evaluate the cause of the moisture intrusion, construction practices, construction schedules, as well as methods of repair and realistic costs estimates. We performed the following analysis.
- Performed a condition assessment of the building’s envelope and sources of the actual moisture intrusions.
- Identified deficiencies in construction practices and scheduling issues that related to the building façade and other subcontractors.
- Identified detailed scopes of work for all subcontractors at the project and their involvement in the actual moisture intrusions.
- Presented repair methods and estimated cost for repairs for the identified moisture damage.
- Provided on-site repair representation during remediation process