Andrew A. Lewis
Senior Consultant / P.E. / Los Angeles/Irvine
Mr. Lewis is a graduate of Marquette University with a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, with an emphasis in Traffic Engineering, Structural Analysis, and Urban Planning. He is a licensed Professional Engineer and has extensive experience with roadway construction field contractor guidance. His very strong ability to thoroughly review plans, drawings and agency building standards particularly with state DOT freeway and Toll Road projects, has been a strong corner stone in his successful career. Core elements of his experience include bridge rehabilitation, municipal storm drainage projects, ADA compliance/Urban streetscape, parking lots, utility easements and right-of-way, deep drilled structural foundation shafts, permanent and temporary vehicular traffic control, land use and traffic generation, various pavement types including LEED pervious pavements, USGS clean water permit inspections, and commuter high speed rail upgrade initiative projects.
Mr. Lewis has been influential on design and planning teams. He has expert knowledge of traffic capacity requirements, freeway interchange behavior and operations, and the integration of alternative modes of transport within a greater metropolitan settlement. Mr. Lewis also has professional experience with renewal, re-use and conversion of under-utilized easements and right-of-ways to a more eco-friendly type of transportation which is community based. Mr. Lewis has experienced LEED urban renewal pilot projects by municipalities and transportation departments nation-wide that re-used and repurposed existing right-of-ways and easements to render community benefit and development.
- Legal traffic/roadway cases
- Property assessments
- Designated expert for roadway/traffic and rail crossing as-built conditions for agency/property liability cases.
- Designated expert to assist counsel in evaluating road/railway traffic and gate signal operations due to train/vehicle collisions.
- Designated expert for pavement/curb marking in parking lot liability cases.
- Designated expert for traffic movement/driveway placement as-built conditions for agency/property liability cases.
- Property assessments
- Evaluation and condition assessments of single family residences, multi-family residences, custom residences, industrial properties, office buildings, warehouses, bridge and roadway structures for various reasons including water intrusion, wind damage, soil movement/landslides, earthquake and catastrophe damage.
- B. S. Civil Engineering – Marquette University
- Registered Professional Engineer - California