Senior Consultant / Ph.D., P.Eng., P.E. / Toronto
After receiving a B.Sc. degree in Civil Engineering, Dr. Daee earned his M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in Structural Engineering with concentration and research in the performance of various structures under extreme loadings using state-of-the-art analytical approaches. Dr. Daee is now a registered professional engineer with over 13 years of experience in the investigation, analysis, and design of industrial, residential, and commercial construction projects.
As a senior forensic expert, he provides consultation to lawyers, insurance experts, contractors, manufacturers, corporations and municipalities in relation to complex civil engineering litigation and claims related to: building/structure failure, property damage, design/build issues, material failures, subrogation matters, professional and municipal liability, and engineering error and omission. He has been retained to opine on many construction disputes including fundamental breach of contract, verification of claims, scope of remediation and standard of care of engineers and contractors. His forensic engineering experience includes failure analysis of various buildings and structural components as a result of fire, flood, impact, natural disasters, or vibrations. Dr. Daee represents contractors, builders, and engineers in relation to cases involving professional negligence, code compliance, design error, and construction disputes.
Education and Certifications
- Structural Engineering, Ph.D.: The University of Western Ontario
- Structural/Earthquake Engineering, M.Sc.: TMU of Tehran
- Civil Engineering, B.Sc.: Chamran University
- Registered Professional Engineer: Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia, Canada
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.E.): Michigan
- Certification in Construction Law: York University, Osgood Law School
- Certification in Contract Law: e-Harvard University
- Certified Infrared Thermographer: Snell Group