Brandon L. Kyle
Consultant / P.E. / Omaha
Mr. Kyle is a 2003 graduate from Kansas State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Architectural Engineering, and a 2006 graduate from the University of Nebraska with a Master of Science degree in Civil Engineering. He is a licensed professional with more than 14 years of experience. Mr. Kyle’s expertise is building structural engineering with an emphasis on design, construction, and evaluation of healthcare, commercial buildings, central utility plants and federal projects.
Mr. Kyle’s areas of expertise include: building code analysis; building structural design; and analysis of cast-in-place concrete, steel, masonry, precast, and wood-framed structures. Mr. Kyle has prepared and professionally sealed contract documents, which include general note, special inspection requirements, drawings, and specifications. Mr. Kyle has provided construction administration services, which include shop drawing review, addendum and change order preparation of the construction documents, cost change reviews, and answered contractor requests for information (RFIs). He also performed site inspections and prepared reports to monitor quality control. Mr. Kyle has knowledge in strength of materials, architectural components, soil mechanics, and foundation design; both deep and shallow.
Mr. Kyle has extensive design experience on a variety of projects in budget, size, and scope. His project experience has ranged from new construction to renovation, and expansion of existing facilities.
- Conducting forensic analysis of various building systems and material failures.
- Investigating failures of building envelope system installations including types of roofing systems, exterior wall cladding systems, and foundation systems.
- Evaluation for origin and cause of structural failures including primary building structures and foundations.
- Premise Liability including building code evaluations, handrail and stairway evaluations. Construction claims and disputes including contract review, cost estimating, and defect identification.
Education and Registrations
- M.S. – Civil Engineering – University of Nebraska - Lincoln
- B.S. – Architectural Engineering – Kansas State University
- Registered Professional Engineer - Florida, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Dakota
- National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) – Record 14-153-97
- Structural Engineers Association of Nebraska (SEAON) – Member, Board Member
- National Council of Structural Engineers Association (NCSEA) - Member
- American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC) - Member