Brendan E. Ryan
Consultant / P.E. / Detroit
Mr. Ryan is a graduate of Lawrence Technological University with a Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering. He is a registered professional engineer in Colorado, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Wyoming. His experience includes design and analysis in commercial, municipal, and residential structures as well as marine structures.
Mr. Ryan’s areas of expertise include civil engineering, structural engineering, construction management, building envelope systems, foundation design, mechanical dredging, and marine construction.
His experience and knowledge covers areas including design, analysis, procurement, competitive bidding, estimating, project scheduling, and project management. Mr. Ryan’s areas of experience also include thermoplastic, EPDM, bitumen, steel, and shingled roof systems, brick and concrete masonry wall systems, glazing systems, polycarbonate panel systems, concrete and asphalt pavements, site drainage, steel fabrication, powder coating processes, bolted steel connections, HDPE pipe assemblies, hazardous material disposal, US Army Corps of Engineers construction management processes, and OSHA policies and regulations.
• Structural damage evaluations including fire, vehicle impact, tree impact, and storm damage.
• Foundation evaluations from water damage, differential settlement, construction damage, and design defects.
• Investigation of water infiltration into residential, commercial, and industrial structures.
• Design of architecturally-exposed steel structures.
• Design of shallow foundation systems.
• Management of construction projects including structural restoration, building façade reconstruction, marine structures, and concrete and asphalt pavement.
• Management of near-shore environmental dredging.
• Management of maintenance dredging in navigational channels, marinas, and offshore intake structures.
Education and Registrations
B.S. Civil Engineering – Lawrence Technological University, Southfield, Michigan
Professional Engineer (PE) - Licensed in Colorado, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Wyoming
American Society of Civil Engineers – Affiliate Member
Construction Specifications Institute – Certified Documents Technologist (CDT)