Brian J. Gieda
Senior Consultant / PE / Philadelphia
Mr. Gieda graduated from Pennsylvania State University with dual degrees in architectural engineering technology and structural design/construction engineering technology. He is a registered professional engineer, registered and licensed to practice in 8 jurisdictions, and a certified project management professional with over 16 years of diverse engineering, design, construction, and management experience working on buildings, bridges, marine vessels, and civil infrastructure projects. He also worked in heavy manufacturing facilities where he has gained a thorough understanding of lean manufacturing methodologies and implemented quality assurance/control procedures and processes.
Mr. Gieda’s professional engineering experience includes design, analysis and assessment of new, existing, and damaged structures, building remediation design, feasibility studies, cost estimating and project management from initiation to closing. Mr. Gieda is also well versed in residential and light commercial construction methods and materials, both in new construction and remediation contexts. Mr. Gieda also specializes in concrete structures, both cast in place and precast/prestressed. He has consulted on civil infrastructure projects, including simple span bridges (design and erection), for both the Federal Highway Administration and a multitude of departments of transportation in the Northeast, as well as custom multi-story building structures in the private market.
Education and Certifications
- Structural Design and Construction Engineering Technology, B.S.: Pennsylvania State University, Capital College
- Architectural Engineering Technology, A.S.: Pennsylvania State University
- Registered Professional Engineer: Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and Virginia
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP), Project Management Institute
- Certified ISO Internal Auditor: Delaware Valley Industrial Resource Center
- Certified Level I Quality Control Inspector: National Precast Concrete Association (NPCA)