Brian L. Balega
Fire Investigator / CFI, CFEI, AK-CFI / Pittsburgh
Mr. Balega is a Certified Fire Investigator (IAAI-CFI) with the International Association of Arson Investigators, a Certified Fire Investigator and Explosion Investigator with the National Association of Fire Investigators (NAFI-CFEI) and a State of Alaska Certified Fire Investigator. In a career spanning more than 20 years in the fire service, he has investigated and determined the origin and cause of more than 600 fires involving commercial structures, residential structures, and vehicles.
Mr. Balega has attended and instructed numerous educational seminars. He is a court-qualified expert witness in Criminal and Civil proceedings. Mr. Balega also served as a Police Officer with Anchorage Police Department, a Federal Task Force Officer with the Drug Enforcement Administration and as a Fire Investigator with the Anchorage Fire Department. Through these employments he has received extensive training in fire and criminal investigations.
Investigation and Logistical Coordination of:
- One and two family residential fires
- Large loss fires and explosions involving commercial and residential structures.
- Multi-unit residential fires in hotels, motels and apartment buildings
- Commercial structure fires
- Passenger vehicle fires
- Determination and investigation of arson fires and the collection of fire evidence.
- Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator, National Association of Fire Investigators (NAFI-CFEI)
- Certified Fire and Explosion Investigation Instructor, National Association of Fire Investigators (NAFI-CFII)
- Certified Fire Investigator (IAAI-CFI), International Association of Arson Investigators
- State of Alaska Certified Fire Investigator (AK-CFI)
- State of Alaska IFSAC Fire Service Instructor II