Brian N. Strandjord
MEP DIvision Manager, Western Region / P.E., CFEI / Denver
Mr. Strandjord is a professional mechanical and electrical engineer with over 10 years of extensive experience in building systems and controls, HVAC, electrical, materials, fabrication, welding, testing, circuit board manufacturing and thermal analysis. His proficiency ranges from analysis of individual electronic components and assemblies to the design, implementation, and operation of automation systems for control of HVAC, mechanical and lighting systems in large facilities.
Mr. Strandjord has designed building automation systems for the control of HVAC systems including airside and hydronic systems for commercial, industrial, education, residential, and healthcare facilities.
His forensic experience includes a study of mechanical and electrical system failures in consumer products, plumbing, appliances, commercial and industrial machinery, building systems, vehicles, and electrical switchgear to name a few. He has performed assessments of mechanical and electrical equipment, construction defects, design errors and omissions, code compliance, performance deficiencies, component design/manufacturing defects, control system deficiencies, equipment and piping catastrophic failures, industrial and construction accidents, equipment and system maintenance, system facility assessment, and hail damage. Mr. Strandjord has investigated device failures ranging from equipment breakdown to catastrophic failures, including fire, explosion and significant injury.
Mr. Strandjord also has extensive hands-on experience in fabrication and welding including the production of commercial and military aircraft components. He is recognized by the National Council of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors in mechanical and electrical engineering and is a certified fire and explosion investigator.
Education and Certifications
• Mechanical Engineering, B.S.: University of Colorado
• Professional Engineer: California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Montana, North Dakota, Nebraska, New Mexico, South Dakota, Utah and Wyoming
• NCEES Principles and Practices Exams in both mechanical and electrical engineering
• Level 1 Certified Thermographer
• NAFI Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator
• Colorado Department of Agriculture Certified Weigher
• Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Licensed Amateur Radio Operator (Extra Class)
• FCC Licensed Commercial Radio Operator (GROL w/ Radar Endorsement)