Brian P. Tauzin
Fire Consultant / NAFI-CFEI / New Orleans
Mr. Tauzin’s professional career has spanned over twenty years as a fire investigator, law enforcement officer, E.M.T. and firefighter. He served as a fire investigator with the Louisiana State Fire Marshal’s Office and as a private fire investigator where he investigated and determined the origin and cause of more than 700 fires and explosions to include commercial structures, residential structures, passenger vehicles, heavy equipment, and fatalities. Mr. Tauzin has completed numerous educational seminars and continuing education courses in the field of fire investigation and fire code enforcement. Mr. Tauzin has testified and been qualified as an expert witness in court proceedings pertaining to fire origin and causation.
Mr. Tauzin has coordinated and instructed continuing educational training programs involving the investigation of fires to public fire and police officials. This includes live fire training involving structures and vehicles.
- Commercial fire investigations
- Residential fire investigations
- Post blast investigations
- Vehicular fire investigations
- Marine fire investigation
Education and Certifications
- Fire Fighter 1, Hazardous Material Operations, Inspector 1 – LSU Fire & Emergency Training Institute
- Origin & Cause Investigations, Courtroom Testimony – National Fire Academy
- Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator by the National Association of Fire Investigators (NAFI)