Brian P. Tauzin
Fire Consultant / NAFI-CFEI, P.I. / New Orleans
Mr. Tauzin is a Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator (CFEI) with the National Association of Fire Investigators. He served as a Fire Investigator with the Louisiana State Fire Marshal’s Office where he investigated and determined the origin and cause of more than 700 fires and explosions, which included industrial facilities, commercial and residential structures, passenger vehicles, agricultural equipment, heavy equipment, and fire-related fatalities.
Mr. Tauzin has completed numerous educational seminars and continuing education courses in the field of fire investigation and fire code enforcement. He has also coordinated and instructed continuing education fire investigation training programs, including live fire training on structures and vehicles to public fire and police officials. He has also testified and been qualified as an expert witness in court proceedings pertaining to fire origin and causation
In addition to his fire investigation experience, Mr. Tauzin served as a firefighter for over 20 years, a law enforcement officer for over 15 years and as an Emergency Medical Technician for three years. Mr. Tauzin also has a background in residential construction and life safety code enforcement.
Education and Certifications
• Fire Inspector 1: LSU Firefighter & Emergency Training Institute
• Evidence Collection Technician (ECT): National Association of Fire Investigators
• Fire Fighter 1: LSU Firefighter & Emergency Training Institute
• Hazardous Material Operations: LSU Firefighter & Emergency Training Institute
• Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator: National Association of Fire Investigators
• Private Investigator Licenses: Louisiana