Bryson M. Brewer
Senior Consultant / Ph.D., P.E. / New Orleans
Dr. Brewer holds a doctorate in Mechanical Engineering with a research focus on the design, characterization, and implementation of microfluidic systems for use in biomedical applications. He has experience as a technical consultant specializing in the investigation of accidents and the analysis of mechanical failures of a variety of products, devices, and systems. Dr. Brewer has also contributed to the development of a miniature insulin delivery pump employing an ion-selective membrane, as well as served as a teaching assistant for mechanical engineering laboratory classes focused on engineering measurement techniques and using experimental methods in heat transfer, fluid mechanics, and thermodynamics to analyze energy conversion systems. In addition, he has authored several journal and conference papers and is a licensed professional mechanical engineer in multiple states.
Dr. Brewer has investigated matters involving multiple industries and products including steel and plastic pipes, valves, bolts, fittings, glass fractures, elevators, crane collapses, food product manufacturing processes, heavy equipment, composite materials, aerial lifts, oil/gas pipelines and associated facilities, medical devices, patent disputes, and a variety of consumer products (including coffee makers, washing machines, outdoor furniture, food containers, pressure cookers, and sportswear). He is also proficient in using numerous three-dimensional scanning and modeling technologies to reconstruct accident scenes, large-scale vehicles and equipment, and small parts/devices for the purposes of non-destructive documentation, engineering analysis, prototyping, reverse engineering, and 3D printing.
• Consumer Product Failures
• Heavy Equipment Failures
• Analysis of Failed Mechanical Components (Fasteners, Valves, Fittings, etc.)
• Oil and Gas Pipeline Failures
• Three-Dimensional Scanning, Modeling, and Analysis
Education, Registrations, and Professional Associations
• Ph.D. – Mechanical Engineering – Vanderbilt University
• M.S. – Mechanical Engineering – Vanderbilt University
• B.S. – Physics - University of Southern Mississippi
• Registered Professional Engineer – Arkansas, California, Florida, Louisiana, and Mississippi
• American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)