Christopher J. Gasiorek
Senior Consultant / P.E. / Chicago
Mr. Christopher Gasiorek holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering and a Masters degree in Business Administration. He is licensed as a Professional Engineer in Illinois and as an Emergency Medical Technician in Illinois. He holds numerous Illinois State Fire Marshal certifications, including Advanced Technical Firefighter, Fire Officer I, Incident Safety Officer, and Hazardous Materials Technician.
He has over 20 years of civil engineering experience with 14 years in design and 8 years in management. He also has 4 years of industrial engineering experience. He has worked in many sub-disciplines of civil engineering including transportation, structural, and geotechnical. His design experience includes roadways, ADA pedestrian pathways, storm sewers, infrastructure, foundations, and bridge abutment design. His management experience includes projects for the Illinois Department of Transportation, Illinois State Toll Highway Authority, Village of Bridgeview, and Village of Bellwood. He was also the engineering department manager for the Avatar Corporation, a bulk chemical manufacturer in University Park, Illinois. There he was responsible for capital infrastructure improvement projects, manufacturing process improvements, forensic investigation of plant issues, and department personnel.
As a forensic engineer, Mr. Gasiorek applies his engineering design, management, and fire service experience to the analysis of property-related issues such as property damage, design defects, moisture intrusion, structural failures, foundation issues, and hazardous material events.
Education and Professional Licenses
• Civil Engineering, B.S.: University of Illinois
• Business Administration, Master: DePaul University
• Licensed Professional Engineer: Illinois
• Licensed Emergency Medical Technician – Basic: Illinois
• Hazardous Materials Technician: Illinois State Fire Marshal Certification
• Incident Safety Officer: Illinois State Fire Marshal Certification
• Fire Officer I: Illinois State Fire Marshal Certification
• Advanced Technical Firefighter: Illinois State Fire Marshal Certification