Mr. Grubbs holds a B.S. in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in hydrology and hydraulics engineering.
He has a diverse background in all phases of planning, surveying, design, and construction for a wide range of projects. His experience includes the project management and design of large-scale, master-planned communities, residential, and commercial developments; including all facets of the land use entitlement process; government affairs; survey; roadway (including use of the MUTCD standards), parking lot, and utility designs; hydrology/hydraulic design and reports; mass grading designs; and drainage structure design and construction.
Mr. Grubbs also has extensive experience with large diameter (up to 84-in.) sewer and water pipeline designs, construction, and means and methods. He has been a project manager for large and small renewable energy developments, including photovoltaic and concentrated solar thermal projects in Nevada, Arizona, and California.
Mr. Grubbs has extensive experience with site and building layout design with respect to pedestrian and traffic flow, parking lot designs, accessibility and slip, trip and fall avoidance. He has reviewed and facilitated resolutions to disputes between contractors, owners, public entities, and designers. He is experienced in various aspects of construction claims and disputes related to construction defects, design error or omissions, and general contractor issues.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Civil Engineering, B.S.: University of Arizona (1994)
• Registered Professional Engineer: Arizona, Florida, Hawaii, New Mexico, Nevada, North Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming
• LEED® AP BD+C: Green Building Education Services
• Certified Excel Tribometer Program (expired)
• Young Alumni Board of Directors: University of Arizona, College of Engineering (2010)
• Industry Advisory Council: University of Arizona, College of Engineering (2010)