Craig S. Williams
Fire Consultant / IAAI-CFI, NAFI-CFEI / Syracuse
Mr. Williams is a Certified Fire Investigator (CFI) with the International Association of Arson Investigators (IAAI), Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator (CFEI) with the National Association of Fire Investigators (NAFI), New York State Level I and II Fire Investigator and a Certified Fire Investigator (CFI) with the National Board of Fire Service Professional Qualifications (Pro-Board). He is also a Licensed Private Investigator in the States of New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Connecticut and Massachusetts. Mr. Williams has been active in the fire service for 27 years holding positions of Firefighter, Lieutenant, Captain, Interim Fire Chief, Municipal Training Officer, Fire Investigator and Fire Investigator Team Leader.
Mr. Williams’s area of expertise is specializing in origin and cause fire investigations of residential and commercial structures, vehicles and heavy construction equipment. Throughout his career, he has obtained several state, national and international certifications which include Fire Investigator, Fire Instructor, Fire Inspector, Fire Officer, Incident Safety Officer, Hazardous Materials Technician, Building Safety Inspector and Firefighter. He has also completed numerous educational seminars and continuing education courses in the field of fire investigation.
While serving in the capacity of Municipal Training Officer, Mr. Williams coordinated and instructed several New York State Office of Fire Prevention and Control courses to the City of Batavia Fire Department. These courses covered all aspects of the fire service including fire investigation courses.
Representative engagements include:
- Residential and Commercial Fire Investigations
- Industrial Fire Investigations
- Large Loss Fire Investigations
- Vehicle Fire Investigations
- Heavy Construction Equipment Fire Investigations
- Marine Fire Investigations
- Explosion Investigations
- Arson Fire Investigation
- Evidence Collection
- Electrical Fires
Education and Registrations
- Certified Fire Investigator (CFI) – International Association of Arson Investigators
- Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator (CFEI) – National Association of Fire Investigators
- National Pro-Board, NFPA 1033, Certified Fire Investigator (CFI) – New York State
- New York State Fire Investigator - Level I and II
- Licensed Private Investigator – Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania