David A. Lowe
Fire Consultant / CFI / Los Angeles/Irvine
Mr. Lowe is a Certified Fire Investigator with the International Association of Arson Investigators, Certified Fire Investigator I with the California State Board of Fire Services, and Certified Fire Investigator with the National Board on Fire Service Professional Qualifications. He is a Licensed Private Investigator with the California Bureau of Security & Investigative Services. He is also FIT Certified to work in asbestos contaminated environments.
Mr. Lowe is a court qualified expert witness with 28 years of experience in the private sector investigating fires and explosions to determine origin and cause. The majority of incidents investigated involved structures ranging from residential garages to the largest hotels and commercial buildings, including the MGM Grand Hotel and Hilton Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada. Other investigations have included automotive, maritime, mechanical, aircraft, and wild land.
Investigations and consultations, conservatively estimated at over 2,250, have been performed on fire and explosion incidents involving injuries, fatalities, and damages totaling in the hundreds of millions of dollars. Domestic investigations have been performed in the states of Texas, Arizona, Nevada, California, Washington, Alaska, and Hawaii, with international fire investigations in Otay, Mexico and Taber, Alberta, Canada.
Education and Certifications
• Fire Science/Fire Prevention Technology, B.S.: Cogswell Polytechnical College
• Business Administration/Finance and Property Management, B.S.: California Polytechnic State University
• Licensed Private Investigator: California Bureau of Security & Investigative Services
• Certified Fire Investigator: International Association of Arson Investigators
• Certified Fire Investigator I: California State Board of Fire Services
• Certified Fire Investigator: National Board on Fire Service Professional Qualifications
• FIT Certified in Asbestos Contaminated Environments