David C. Metallo, Jr.
Consultant / P.E. / Birmingham
Mr. Metallo is a graduate of Clemson University with a Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degrees in Civil Engineering. He has an extensive background in the field of general construction and has combined this with significant design and project management experience in structural engineering providing services to clients ranging from architecture firms to pulp and paper companies.
Mr. Metallo’s experience in the construction industry has ranged from laborer to project manager of residential and commercial projects. His responsibilities included estimating, scheduling, procurement, and project execution. His projects have covered single family residences, hospitals, churches, and commercial applications.
Mr. Metallo’s design experience in structural engineering includes residential, multi-family, commercial, manufacturing and heavy industrial applications. His responsibilities included man-power and material estimates, foundation and structural framing design, multi discipline design coordination management, and construction administration lead. His projects have included single and multi-family residential, commercial, healthcare, institutional, manufacturing, pulp and paper plant design, power generation facility design, and chemical plant design.
Mr. Metallo has special knowledge in the use of engineering and design software such as AutoCAD, REVIT, RAM Structural System, RAM Elements, RISA, STAAD, CSI Library (ETABS/SAFE/SAP) and ADAPT. Mr. Metallo’s experience has encompassed projects with nearly every building material including timber framing, light-gauge metal framing, aluminum, structural steel, mild and post-tensioned reinforced concrete, and reinforced masonry.
- Forensic structural analysis in industrial, commercial and residential settings to determine the cause and origin of apparent concerns
- Structural design engineer and project manager in heavy industrial settings
- Structural design engineer and project manager in residential, commercial and manufacturing applications
Education and Registrations
- M.S. Civil Engineering – Clemson University
- B.S. Civil Engineering – Clemson University
- Registered Professional Engineer - Alabama