David R.C. Tennant
Houston Construction Division Manager / AIA, LEED AP / Houston
As an Architect, Mr. Tennant has been involved in all phases of the building process. He has extensive experience in the design of multi-million dollar projects, the development of Construction Documents and the responsibilities of Construction Management.
He has expertise in the management of architectural and construction contracts, and is familiar with the relationships between Owners, Consultants and Contractors. He is experienced in a broad range of building types including: retail, educational, hospitality, medical, high-rise office buildings, historical renovation, multifamily high-rise, multifamily and single family residential.
At Rimkus, Mr. Tennant investigates and analyzes construction failures and/or disputes, and provides litigation support related to those building projects. He also has served in the capacity of Umpire in insurance appraisal disputes.
His work includes investigation of building component failures and deficiencies, building envelope analysis, window and curtain wall systems and accessibility standards; it includes review of architectural drawings, specifications, construction agreements, schedules and payments, in addition to determining the projects compliance with building codes and governmental authorities having jurisdiction.
- Litigated construction defect cases
- Designated expert for waterproofing, roofing, exterior walls, windows, flashing, and other building systems.
- Designated expert for professional liability in regards to architects' standard of care and general contractors conformance to the construction documents.
- Property assessments
- Evaluation and condition assessments of various building types or various reasons including water intrusion, wind damage, hail damage, and settlement.
- Bachelor of Architecture Degree - University of Houston
- Licensed Architect:
- Texas by Examination License No. 9482
- California by Examination License No. 29706
- Florida by Reciprocity License No. AR93061
- Louisiana by Reciprocity License No. 6203
- Kansas by Reciprocity License No. 5913
- Maryland by Reciprocity License No. 14493
- Oklahoma by Reciprocity License No. a5496
- South Carolina by Reciprocity Registration No. 7271