Dennis L. Rogers
Fire Consultant / Baltimore
Mr. Rogers is a Certified Fire Investigator (CFI) with the International Association of Arson Investigators (IAAI) and a Certified Fire Investigator through the National Board of Fire Service Professional Qualifications (Pro Board). Mr. Rogers has extensive experience in all facets of the fire service and law enforcement fields, having spent over 30 years in both the municipal fire service and the DuPage County (IL) Sheriff’s Office. He spent over 20 years as a fire investigator in multiple jurisdictions, where he investigated and determined the origin and cause of more than 1,000 fires occurring at commercial and residential properties, as well as vehicles and heavy equipment.
Mr. Rogers is a former Fire Chief with the Warrenville (IL) Fire Protection District as well as a former Detective Sergeant with the DuPage County (IL) Sheriff’s Office. He is recognized as an Executive Fire Officer through the National Fire Academy, along with other certifications such as Chief Fire Officer, Hazardous Materials Operations, and state-licensed Fire Inspector, Plan Review, Fire Instructor II, Fire Officer III, and has obtained a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from National-Louis University, Chicago as well as a B.S. in Fire Science Management from Southern Illinois University.
Mr. Rogers is knowledgeable in National Fire Protection Association fire codes and building blueprint plan review regarding compliance with fire, life safety regulations, and building code compliance. He has completed various educational seminars and continuing education courses in the field of fire investigation.
As a forensic investigator, his area of expertise includes management of fire scene analysis, evidence and data collection, investigative interviews, and scene photography. He has provided legal depositions and court testimony in support of legal and technical findings as an expert witness.
Education and Certifications
• Master of Business Administration (MBA), National Louis University, Chicago, IL
• Fire Science Management, B.S., Southern Illinois University
• Fire Science Technology, A.A.S. College of DuPage (IL)
• Executive Fire Officer (EFO), National Fire Academy, Emittsburg, MD
• Certified Fire Investigator (CFI): International Association of Arson Investigators (IAAI)
• Certified Arson Investigator: Office of the State Fire Marshal Illinois
• Certified Fire Inspector: Office of the State Fire Marshal Illinois & State of Maryland
• Certified Fire Prevention Officer: IL Fire Inspectors Association
• Certified Plan Review: IL Fire Inspectors Association
• Certified Firefighter III: Office of the State Fire Marshal Illinois
• Certified Chief Fire Officer IV: Office of the State Fire Marshal Illinois
• Certified Hazardous Operations: Office of the State Fire Marshal Illinois
• Certified Police Officer: City of Chicago Police Academy