Edward M. Weber
Senior Consultant / ACTAR, ASE, CFEI, CVFI / Newark / Long Island / New York City
Mr. Weber holds an M.A. degree in Leadership & Public Administration and a B.S. degree in Human Services & Administration of Justice. He is also an accredited accident reconstructionist with the Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction (ACTAR #1017), FAA licensed commercial drone pilot, Certified Fire Explosive Investigator, Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator, and Certified Master Automobile and Truck Technician.
Mr. Weber has over 30 years of experience in traffic accident reconstruction involving motor vehicles, commercial vehicles, pedestrian crashes, and motorcycle accidents. In addition to traffic accident reconstruction, he has extensive training and experience in forensic automotive and truck mechanical failure analysis and investigations. As a lieutenant for a medium-sized law enforcement agency, he was responsible for policy and procedure formulation, internal affairs, public and press relations, personnel management, alcoholic beverage control investigations, budgeting, training, and scheduling. He was also a certified incident commander and provided leadership for public events, crime scenes, and task force operations.
Mr. Weber’s area of expertise includes vehicle accident reconstruction, pedestrian accident reconstruction, commercial vehicle reconstruction, motorcycle accident reconstruction, seat belt analysis, event data recorder downloads, and scene mapping. Additional expertise areas include automotive mechanical examinations, sudden acceleration incident investigations, mechanical component failure investigations, and truck mechanical examinations.
Additional experience includes child restraint technician, counterbalance forklift operation, aerial boom lift operation, emergency medical technician (NJ), police radar instructor, and police traffic control technician.
Education and Certifications
• Leadership & Public Administration, M.A.: Centenary College
• Human Services & Administration of Justice, B.S.: Thomas Edison State College
• Accredited Accident Reconstructionist: Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction (ACTAR #1017)
• Certified Fire Explosive Investigation: National Association of Fire Investigators
• Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator: National Association of Fire Investigators
• FAA Airman Certificate, sUAS
• Master Automobile Technician: National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence
• Master Medium/Heavy Duty Truck Technician: National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence
• Advanced Engine Performance Specialist: National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence
• Hybrid Vehicle Specialist: National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence
• New Jersey Police Training Commission
• Licensed Inspector: New York State Dept. of Motor Vehicles
• Forklift and Aerial Boomlift Operator: United Academy
• Bosch Certified Crash Data Retrieval Technician
• Emergency Medical Technician: New Jersey Department of Health