Floyd A. Keels
Principal Consultant / P.E., RCDD / Atlanta / Charleston
Mr. Keels is a graduate of the Georgia Institute of Technology with a B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering. He is a registered professional engineer with 25 years of experience in electrical design, fire alarm, low-voltage systems, and construction administration of residential, commercial, industrial, government, and health care projects. In addition, he has extensive field experience in actual electrical installations from his early years as a General and Electrical Contractor.
Mr. Keels is also a Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) through the Building Industry Consulting Service International (BICSI). He is familiar with the National Electric Code, the NFPA 72, 99, 101, 110 standards, and the International Building Code and design procedures. He is also trained in design and installation of photovoltaic systems and lightning protection systems.
In his role as a Principal Consultant at Rimkus Consulting Group, Inc., he specializes in the analysis of building electrical issues, electrical equipment failures, and electrical fire causes. He also performs assessments and analysis of lightning damage, power surges, hydraulic and cable-type elevators, building codes issues, engineering design defects, small appliance defects, home appliance failures, cable damage, wiring damage/defects, vandalism to electrical equipment, and water damage to electrical equipment, as well as provides electrical construction estimates. In addition, he provides legal deposition and court testimony in support of technical findings as needed.
Mr. Keels is an active member of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
• Electrical Engineering, B.S.: Georgia Institute of Technology
• Mathematics, B.S.: Morehouse College
• Registered Professional Engineer: Alabama, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennesse, Texas, Virginia, Washington, and Puerto Rico
• Registered General Contractor (GC): National Association of State Contractors Licensing Agencies (NASCLA) Georgia and South Carolina
• Registered Electrical Contractor (EC): Georgia and South Carolina
• Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD): Building Industry Consulting Service Internation (BICSI)
• Pi Mu Epsilon: National Mathematics Honor Society
• AT&T Distinguished Scholar’s Award: Engineering Scholarship
• Beta Kappa Chi Scientific Honor Society: Scientific Honor Society
• Golden Key National Honor Society: Academic Honor Society