Senior Consultant / Indianapolis
Mr. Mullen holds Bachelor of Architecture and Bachelor of Environmental Design degrees and is a registered architect in Indiana.
He has been practicing architecture for more than 25 years, both as a designer and manager, and as a forensic consultant on a wide variety of building construction and building safety issues.
Mr. Mullen’s areas of expertise are premises liability, construction claims and defects, accessibility issues and building envelope failure analysis. He has evaluated compliance with codes and applicable standards on hundreds of cases since 2004, and testified numerous times at depositions and trials.
His design and construction experience includes planning, design, management, construction drawings, specification writing, construction administration, accessibility and historic preservation.
Education and Certifications
• Architecture, B.Arch.: Ball State University
• Environmental Design, BS: Ball State University
• Study of art and design: Indiana University
• Defense Mapping School: U.S. Army
• Disability Studies (Graduate Studies): Temple University
• Certification in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA): Cambridge University
• Master of Fine Arts program: Indiana University