Frank P. Seter
Electrical Division Manager / BSEE, IAAI-CFI, NAFI-CFEI, NAFI-CVFI / Chicago/Mt. Prospect
Mr. Seter holds a B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering and is a Certified Fire Investigator (CFI) through the International Association of Arson Investigators (IAAI). He is also a Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator (CFEI) and Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator (CVFI) through the National Association of Fire Investigators (NAFI).
In his career, Mr. Seter has provided electrical origin and cause services for a range of commercial, municipal, and residential projects ranging from a county courthouse fire, multiple residential fatal fires, church property losses, banks, marine, machinery, and public institutions such as wastewater treatment plants and park district facilities.
During his professional career, he has participated in more than 1,000 investigations. He has extensive experience in the inspection of electrical systems and equipment for the purpose of analyzing and evaluating potential electrical failure scenarios. He has provided technical assistance as well as expert opinions and testimony on matters involving residential, commercial, and industrial building fires, as well as vehicle fires, lightning damage and personal injury.
Education and Certifications
• B.S. Electrical Engineering, May 1989, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL
• B.A. Design, University of Wisconsin, Whitewater, Wisconsin
• CFEI - Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator, NAFI
• CVFI - Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator, NAFI
• IAAI-CFI – Certifies Fire Investigator, IAAI
• Asbestos Operations and Maintenance Accredited (OSHA Class III per 29 CFR 1926.1101)
• State of Illinois Permanent Employee Registration Card (PERC0 Reg. No: 129.334049)