Frank W. Andrade
Consultant / P.E. / New Orleans
Mr. Andrade is a civil engineering graduate from the Tulane University located at New Orleans, Louisiana. He has 20+ years of experience working as an engineer in the hurricane prone Gulf Coast. He is a registered Professional Engineer in Louisiana. Mr. Andrade's professional experience includes structural engineering analysis, structural design, failure analysis, pipeline analysis and pile drivability/stability analysis. His design experience includes: structural design of numerous buildings; structural design of towers, racks, and tools used to assist in the fabrication and installation of offshore platform components; building and equipment foundation design; structural steel design; cold formed steel design; and reinforced concrete design.
Mr. Andrade has expertise in assessing buildings and structures for construction defects, moisture intrusion/ water damage, structural failure analysis, differential foundation movement, construction vibration damage, hurricane damage, tornado damage, fire damage, and hail damage.
- Investigated wind and hail damage to residential and commercial roofs.
- Investigated wind and storm surge damage to residential and commercial structures from hurricanes.
- Investigated differential foundation movement.
- Performed moisture source determinations.
- Performed structural condition assessments for structures damaged by automobile impacts, tree impacts, tornadoes, and vibrations from construction operations.
- Performed causation analysis for collapses of residential structures from overloading and faulty design
Education and Registrations
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering – Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering – Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) - Licensed in Louisiana (29854)