Garrick F. Mitchell
Transportation Division Manager, West Region / M.S., P.E. / Denver
Mr. Mitchell received both Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degrees from Rice University and worked in oil & gas production research and development.
Mr. Mitchell has reconstructed numerous vehicle accidents involving passenger cars, trucks, buses, farm equipment, motorcycles, ATV's, forklifts, bicycles, and pedestrians on and off roadways and in parking lots, warehouses, and other locations. He performs mechanical inspections and documents vehicle damage, performs site inspections, and gathers and analyzes pertinent data including police reports and photographs, driver/witness statements and depositions, weather data, and traffic signal sequence and timing.
Mr. Mitchell has worked product liability cases involving vehicle components (including engines, transmissions, tires, suspensions, brakes, lift gates and air bags) and many other mechanical systems (including HVAC, plumbing, sprinkler systems, consumer products, appliances, door systems, forklifts, and various heavy machinery).
Mr. Mitchell has been a licensed competitive cyclist since 1989 and has won multiple state championships. He has ridden over 130,000 miles both on- and off-road and has deep insight into the interactions between bicycles and other vehicles.
- Reconstruction of vehicle accidents ranging from low-speed parking lot events to multi-fatality incidents involving commercial vehicles
- Inspection of vehicle components and consumer products to determine cause of damage or failure
- Downloading crash data from passenger and commercial vehicles in support of accident reconstruction
- Inspection of commercial and industrial machinery to determine cause and extent of damage
- Inspection and evaluation of equipment following a water loss:
- Residential and commercial plumbing systems
- Fire sprinkler systems
- Appliances (water heaters, dishwashers, washing machines, humidifiers)
- Assist Fire Investigators in determining mechanical causation of structure and vehicle fires
- Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, Magna Cum Laude - Rice University
- Master of Science, Mechanical Engineering - Rice University