Garry J. Warren
Fire Consultant / MIAAI, IAAI-FIT, UK-AFI / London, United Kingdom
Mr. Warren is a former Station Officer/Watch Commander with the London Fire Brigade. He completed 30 years of service; 21 years as an operational fire officer and 9 years as a dedicated fire investigation officer. Mr. Warren is now an experienced consultant in the fire industry.
Mr. Warren conducted numerous fire investigations and fire safety inspections during his fire service career. Since retiring from the brigade, he has had responsibility for organising and supervising fire evacuation and fire warden training for various business clients throughout London and the South East.
During his fire service career, Mr. Warren investigated over 750 fires. He was awarded the Fire Service Long Service and Good Conduct Medal as well as his 30 Year Service Award. During his time as a fire investigation officer, Mr. Warren was responsible for conducting investigations (liaising with other agencies as necessary) to determine the origin and cause of fires and describe how they had developed and how people involved had interacted with them. His responsibilities included preparing reports for the police, fire brigade senior management, and HM Coroner. He is a member of the United Kingdom Association of Fire Investigators (UK-AFI).
Education and Certifications
· IAAI-FIT Fire Investigation Technician
· LFB Fire Investigation Foundation Course
· Completed an evidence-based development programme Signed off as Competent (Dr P Mansi, then Station Manager LFB)
· Gardiners Joint Services Fire Investigation Practical Course
· John DeHaan Advanced Fire & Explosion Investigation Course (UK)
· Met Police Forensic Awareness Course
· Met Police Digital Photography and Scene Recording
· CFI trainer Principles of Fire Investigation Certificate