Gary R. Corey, Jr.
Senior Consultant / ACTAR / Chicago
Mr. Corey is an accredited Reconstructionist with the Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction (ACTAR # 1510). He is a 22-year law enforcement veteran, and the majority of his time has been spent in the investigation of motor vehicle collisions. Mr. Corey is the lead investigator for the accident reconstruction team that responds to serious injury, accidents involving fatalities and special requests. He has conducted numerous accidents that include commercial motor vehicles, cars, motorcycles, pedestrians, bicyclists and ATVs. Mr. Corey is certified in preserving, imaging/downloading, and analyzing a vehicle’s event data recorder where applicable.
Mr. Corey is a certified instructor and teaches basic accident investigation, radar, lidar and driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs at Savannah Technical Police Academy. Mr. Corey is also a National Child Safety Seat Technician, Number 700323, and accredited by the International Association of Chiefs of Police as a Drug Recognition Expert, Number DRE029088. Mr. Corey has consulted on cases working for both plaintiffs and defendants.
- Heavy vehicle accidents
- Vehicle accident reconstruction
- Crush damage profiles
- Skid mark analysis
- Crash data retrieval
Education and Registrations
- Accident Reconstruction- Institute of Police Technology, University of North Florida
- Accident Reconstruction- Georgia Public Safety Training Center, Forsyth Georgia
- ACTAR, Accredited Traffic Accident Reconstructionist, Reg. #1510
- Police Academy, Basic police training, 360 hours
- South Carolina Accident Reconstruction Society (SCARS)