Gregory M. Cloer
Fire Consultant / IAAI-CFI / Atlanta
Mr. Cloer is a Certified Fire Investigator through the International Association of Arson Investigators and National Professional Qualification, a Certified Arson Investigator through Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training Council (P.O.S.T.) and certified for fire/arson investigation through the National Fire Academy. He was certified by Georgia P.O.S.T. as a basic peace officer and served as an EMT and as a paramedic.
Mr. Cloer has an extensive background in firefighting and prevention in which he served 28 years with Cobb County Fire and Emergency Services, 14 of those years as a fire/arson investigator.
Mr. Cloer's experience encompasses investigation of fires, explosions, bombings, and all related crimes to ensure the origin and cause of the incidents were properly documented. He has testified as an expert in criminal and civil courts related to fire investigations he has performed. His professional experience includes, but is not limited to, residential, commercial, and vehicle fire cause and origin investigations, explosion investigation, surveillance, and the collection and securing of evidence.
Education and Certifications
• Private Investigator License: Florida, Georgia, Tennessee
• Basic and Advanced Arson Investigation (Currently Fire Investigator I and II) Certification: Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training Council (P.O.S.T.)
• Basic Peace Officer Certification: Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training Council (P.O.S.T.)
• Fire/Arson Investigation: National Fire Academy
• Arson Investigator: Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training Council (P.O.S.T.)
• Certified Fire Investigator: International Association of Arson Investigators
• Certified Fire Investigator: National Professional Qualification
• Fire Instructor: National Professional Qualification