Harmon L. Kirkpatrick
Principal Consultant / P.E., C.Eng., NCEES / Houston
Mr. Kirkpatrick holds B.S. and M.S. degrees in Chemical Engineering and an MBA in Business Administration. He is a registered professional engineer in Texas, Ohio, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, New Mexico, California, and Kentucky.
He has worked over 45 years in consulting and industrial assignments with extensive experience in refining, petrochemical, gas processing, and chemical process industries. His background includes process and project engineering design, construction management, plant operations and technical service, economic analysis, scheduling and cost estimating, pipeline and process plant safety, and process development. Mr. Kirkpatrick's areas of expertise include project management for refinery expansion projects approaching $200 million; process specialist in a $450 million joint venture ethylene project; testifying in project disputes up to $50 million; economic evaluation; process design; pipeline station design; scheduling and cost control; process technology evaluation and selection; compressors, gas turbines and other rotating equipment; mechanical design and equipment selection, and plant safety and capital cost estimation. He has executed numerous design/installation assignments in chemical, petrochemical and refinery plants and conducted detailed operations analyses and process safety audits for new and existing plant processing units.
In addition to his technical expertise, Mr. Kirkpatrick has submitted expert reports, assisted in mediations, and testified in over 50 domestic arbitrations, open court, and international arbitrations. He has testified in a $1 billion trade secret dispute. He has completed both domestic and international assignments in Argentina, Australia, Bahamas, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Germany, Holland, Honduras, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Kuwait, Mexico, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Singapore, Suriname, Taiwan, Thailand, Trinidad, Turkey, Venezuela, and Vietnam.
Education and Certifications
• Chemical Engineering, B.S.: University of Cincinnati
• Chemical Engineering, M.S.: University of Cincinnati
• Business Administration, M.B.A.: Western New England College
• Registered Professional Engineer: Arkansas, California, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, Ohio, Oklahoma, and Texas
• Chartered Engineer (CEng): United Kingdom
• National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) Licensure
• International Registry Certificate: NCEES
• Hazardous Materials Training HM-126F (49CFR 172.704): Department of Transportation