Harmon L. Kirkpatrick
Senior Chemical Engineer / P.E. / Houston
Mr. Kirkpatrick received his B.S. and M.S. in Chemical Engineering from the University of Cincinnati, and a Master of Business Administration from Western New England College. He is registered professional engineer in Texas, Ohio, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, New Mexico, California, and Kentucky, and holds an International Registry Certificate from NCEES. He has experience in process and project engineering design, construction management, plant operations and technical service, economic analysis, scheduling, pipeline and process plant safety, and process development.
Mr. Kirkpatrick is a member of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers, Institute of Chemical Engineers (U.K.), and the Project Management Institute. He has published three papers, been awarded three US patents, and presented 13 different seminars.
Mr. Kirkpatrick's expertise and experience includes project management for projects approaching $200 million; economic evaluation; process design; pipeline station design; scheduling and cost control; process technology evaluation and selection; large rotating equipment; mechanical design and equipment selection, plant safety and capital cost estimation. He has executed numerous design/installation assignments in chemical, petrochemical and refinery plants. He has also conducted detailed operations analyses and process safety audits for new and existing plant processing units. His experience includes contract negotiations and settlement; technology licensing; distillation design; and cogeneration evaluations.
- Testimony and evidence presentation at domestic and international arbitration hearings related to construction, plant design and plant performance issues.
- International assignments involving equipment failures, fires/explosions, damage assessments, disputes, chemical reactor problems, boiler explosions, floods, etc.
- Fire/explosion cause and origin analysis for refineries, gas plants, pipelines, petrochemical plants, offshore platforms, power plants, terminals, manufacturing plants, commercial and residential properties.
- Damage assessments, cost estimating, and rebuild monitoring of energy facilities.
- Equipment failure analysis for gas turbines, fired heaters, heat exchangers, waste heat boilers, ASME pressure vessels, pumps, compressors, expanders, and RTOs.
- Business interruption cost analysis and BI mitigation activities.
- Computer air dispersion modeling, chemical process simulation, cost estimation, and scheduling.
- B.S. - Chemical Engineering - University of Cincinnati
- M.S. - Chemical Engineering - University of Cincinnati
- M.B.A. - Business Administration - Western New England College
- Registered Professional Engineer - Texas, Ohio, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, New Mexico, California and Kentucky