Heather R. Anesta
Senior Consultant / P.E., S.E., LEED® AP / Fort Lauderdale
Ms. Anesta is a graduate of Florida State University with B.S. and M.S. degrees in Civil/Structural Engineering. She is a registered professional and structural engineer with extensive experience working on projects in the commercial, industrial, residential, civil, and marine markets. Her specific areas of expertise are structural design/engineering/evaluation, forensic investigation, engineering management, project management, scheduling, cost estimating and budget control, implementing quality and control procedures, and contract management.
Her design knowledge is diversified by her familiarity with a range of materials such as reinforced concrete, timber, and masonry, as well as pre-engineered steel building systems. She has worked on everything from water and sewer utility structures, to commercial/industrial/residential buildings, to marine facilities such as docks and seawalls, to construction-support structures. She has direct experience in design and project management for building and infrastructure projects at the private, state, county and local municipality levels.
At Rimkus, Ms. Anesta’s chief responsibilities include property inspection of civil components and forensic inspection of structural components. She has investigated flooring and roof failures, building settlement, corrosion damage, concrete and masonry cracking, retaining wall and seawall distress, roofing system failures, and tile floor failures.
Ms. Anesta is experienced in the application of various building and accessibility codes and standards. In addition, she is a LEED® Accredited Professional through the U.S. Green Building Council, which demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the green building certification process for building design, materials, construction, operation, and indoor air quality issues.
Education and Certifications
• Civil Engineering, M.S.: Florida Atlantic University
• Civil Engineering, B.S.: Florida State University
• Registered Professional Engineer: Florida
• Registered Structural Engineer: Vermont
• LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP): U.S. Green Building Council
• Structural Collapse Specialist: FEMA Urban Search & Rescue
• StS2 – Structures Specialist 2: FEMA Urban Search & Rescue
• StS1 – Structures Specialist 1: FEMA Urban Search & Rescue
• Level I “Authorized Person” Rope Access Training
• Certified Masonry Inspector: Masonry Institute of America