James W. "Wes" Jordan
Vice President, National Property Division Manager / SE, PE / Indianapolis
Mr. Jordan holds a B.S. degree in Civil Engineering and an M.B.A. in Business Management. He is registered as a Professional Engineer in Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New York, Ohio, and Texas and a licensed Structural Engineer in Illinois with over 30 years of structural design and forensic engineering experience. Mr. Jordan has engineering consulting experience in various industries including residential, commercial, municipal, industrial, power generation, agricultural and manufacturing.
As a forensic engineer, Mr. Jordan has performed hundreds of engineering investigations for insurance companies, law firms, construction firms, and property owners. He has expertise in evaluating buildings and structures for various conditions and forms of damage, including: construction defects, moisture intrusion / water damage, structural failure analysis, differential foundation movement, construction vibration and blasting/explosion damage, earthquake/hurricane/tornado/storm damage, and fire damage. Mr. Jordan gained testifying experience since joining Rimkus, qualified to testify and subsequently testified as an expert in federal court. As Vice President and National Division Manager, Mr. Jordan oversees the technical operations of Rimkus Consulting Group’s Property Division, comprised of civil/structural/architectural engineers, architects, and building consultants.
Education and Certifications
- Civil Engineering, B.S.: Texas A&M University
- Business Management, M.B.A.: Purdue University
- Licensed Structural Engineer: Illinois
- Registered Professional Engineer: Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Minnesota, New York, Ohio, and Texas
- Model Law Structural Engineer Certification: National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional: U.S. Green Building Council