James W. "Wes" Jordan
Vice President, National Property Division Manager / SE, PE, LEED-AP / Indianapolis
Mr. Jordan has over 25 years of engineering experience. He is registered as a Professional Engineer in Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Ohio, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, and Kentucky. He is also a licensed Structural Engineer in Illinois. Mr. Jordan has engineering consulting experience in various industries including residential, commercial, municipal, industrial, power generation, agricultural and manufacturing.
Since joining Rimkus Consulting Group, Mr. Jordan has performed hundreds of engineering investigations for insurance companies, law firms, construction firms, and property owners. He has expertise in evaluating buildings and structures for various conditions and forms of damage, including construction defects, moisture intrusion/water damage, structural failure analysis, differential foundation movement, construction vibration and blasting/explosion damage, earthquake/hurricane/tornado/storm damage, and fire damage. Mr. Jordan was qualified to testify and subsequently testified as an expert in federal court. He has published and presented technical papers for the American Society of Civil Engineers and has given presentations on various forensic engineering topics to the legal and insurance industry.
- Warehouse roof collapse after rainstorm event.
- Commercial and residential roof failures after heavy snowfall event.
- Hail and wind damage assessment to commercial and residential roofs and siding after large storm in Indianapolis
- Foundation undermining assessment for existing building adjacent to construction site
- Ground vibration damage assessment for existing buildings located near blasting activities at a construction site
- Extent of fire damage determination for existing concrete basement and foundation system for a burned house
- Moisture damage assessment for commercial and residential buildings
- Wind and water damage to numerous residential and commercial structures in Mississippi caused by Hurricane Katrina
- Earthquake damage assessment for numerous residential buildings
- Floor shoring system failure for concrete decks at municipal and commercial construction sites.
- Highway bridge impact damage evaluation.
- B.S. Civil Engineering - Texas A&M University
- M.B.A. - Purdue University - Calumet Campus
- Registered Professional Engineer - Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Ohio, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, and Kentucky