James (Wes) Jordan, P.E., S.E.
Vice President, Property Practice
Mr. James Jordan holds a B.S. degree in Civil Engineering and an M.B.A. in Business Management. He is registered as a Professional Engineer in Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New York, Ohio, and Texas and a licensed Structural Engineer in Illinois with over 35 years of structural design and forensic engineering experience. Mr. Jordan has engineering consulting experience in various industries, including residential, commercial, municipal, industrial, power generation, agricultural, and manufacturing.
As a forensic engineer, Mr. Jordan has performed hundreds of engineering investigations for insurance companies, law firms, construction firms, and property owners. He has expertise in evaluating buildings and structures for various conditions and forms of damage, including construction defects, moisture intrusion/water damage, structural failure analysis, differential foundation movement, construction vibration and blasting/explosion damage, earthquake/hurricane/tornado/storm damage, and fire damage. Mr. Jordan gained testifying experience since joining Rimkus, qualified to testify, and subsequently testified as an expert in federal court. As Vice President of Property Practice, Mr. Jordan is responsible for the technical oversight and leadership of civil, structural, and architectural engineers; architects; and building consultants at Rimkus.
Mr. Jordan has published and presented 11 technical papers for the American Society of Civil Engineers and has given numerous presentations on various forensic engineering topics to the legal and insurance community.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Civil Engineering, B.S.: Texas A&M University (1985)
• Business Management, M.B.A.: Purdue University (2005, Calumet Campus)
• Licensed Structural Engineer: Illinois
• Registered Professional Engineer: Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Minnesota, New York, Ohio, and Texas
• Model Law Structural Engineer Certification: National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (2008)
• LEED® Accredited Professional: U.S. Green Building Council
• Indiana Fire Prevention & Building Safety Commissioner (Governor Appointed, 2014 – 2022)
• Past President (officer, 2018 – 2019), President (2015 – 2017), President-Elect (2013 – 2015): Indiana Structural Engineers Association, Inc.
• Forensic Engineering Division Member: American Society of Civil Engineers (formerly TCFE, 2006 to Present)
• Committee on Forensic Practices: American Society of Civil Engineers (since 2009)
• Structural Engineering Institute (Charter Member, 1997 to Present)