Jeffrey H. Peters
Vice President, National MEP Division Manager / P.E., LEED AP / Houston
Mr. Peters holds a B.S. in Architectural Engineering and is a licensed professional engineer in Texas. He’s also a LEED® Accredited Professional, a Texas Mold Assessment Consultant (MAC), and a Council-Certified Environmental Infection Control Consultant.
Mr. Peters has more than 30 years of diversified building science, engineering design, facility management and forensic consulting experience. He has worked as a project manager, a mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) project engineer, a contractor, and as a large institutional facility manager and construction projects owner’s representative.
Mr. Peters’ expertise includes investigating, consulting and testifying in building moisture damage, product, design and operational claims involving heating ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC), plumbing, healthcare facilities, steam, medical gases, electrical, fire protection, irrigation, building systems and building envelopes.
He routinely investigates indoor air quality, fungal contamination, Legionella, Spray Polyurethane Foam (SPF), carbon monoxide, soot, hard wood flooring, and water and vapor intrusion through building envelopes. He has investigated matters exceeding $100 million in claimed damages testifying in both federal and state courts.
Mr. Peters investigates and develops scopes of work and remediation plans for commercial, healthcare, educational, institutional, residential and green buildings. He presents continuing education (CE) and continuing legal education (CLE) seminars nationally for insurance adjusters, attorneys, and the public on various topics including HVAC, plumbing, MEP, SPF, Legionellosis, environmental, green buildings, mold, construction defects, healthcare, remediation, building commissioning and catastrophic damages.
Education and Certifications
• Architectural Engineering, B.S.: Pennsylvania State University
• Registered Professional Engineer: Texas (#80660)
• Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, Accredited Professional, Building Design + Construction (LEED® AP BD+C): USGBC, GBCI #10066183
• Licensed Texas Mold Assessment Consultant (MAC), MAC0183
• Council-Certified Environmental Infection Control Consultant (CEICC) #0909040, ACAC
• Continuing Education Insurance Approved Instructor: Alabama, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Texas, and Wyoming
• Board Member: American Council for Accredited Certification (ACAC), Indoor Air Quality Association, Houston Chapter, Member Recruitment Chair; Near Southwest - Super Neighborhood Council #38, President; Willow Meadows Civic Club, Vice President/Past Architectural Control Committee Chair (2016-2018); Brays Bayou Association, Treasurer; Levitt Pavilion Houston, Design Committee Chair.