Mr. Lyman is a Certified Fire Investigator, Certified Fire Investigator-Vehicle, Certified Fire Inspector II, Fire Plans Examiner, and Fire Instructor III.
He has over 20 years of experience and knowledge in the fire service industry with the last 15 years as a full-time fire investigator, fire captain, deputy fire marshal, and safety professional.
Mr. Lyman is highly experienced in the interpretation and enforcement of the International Fire Code as it relates to fire, life safety, and egress in existing buildings and new construction as well as fire protection systems. In addition, Mr. Lyman has taught fire investigation and related courses through Umpqua Community College.
In addition to over 600 fire investigations, Mr. Lyman’s areas of expertise include fire origin and cause investigations, researching codes, and providing training and evaluating fire investigators. Throughout his career, he has conducted many fire and explosion investigations on commercial and residential structures as well as heavy equipment and automotive systems.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Certified Fire Investigator: International Association of Arson Investigators (2006)
• Certified Fire Investigator – Vehicle (CFI (V)): International Association of Arson Investigators
• Certified Fire Inspector II: International Code Council
• Licensed Private Investigator: Oregon (PI-ID: 77907)
• Licensed Private Investigator: Washington (PI-4471)
• Licensed Private Investigator: Alaska (PD 1266) 2020
• Licensed Private Investigator: Montana (PSP-PI-LIC-38351) 2021
• Auto Repair Technician: Penn Foster (2018)
• Certified Health Professional: OSHA
• National Association of Fire Investigators (NAFI): 25949-14817 (2021)
• F.I.R.E. Certified Fireplace & Chimney Inspector: FCI-400 (2023