Fire Consultant / IAAI-CFI, NAFI-CFEI / Honolulu / Los Angeles/Irvine
Mr. Blando received his Associate of Science Degree from Chemeketa Community College in Salem, Oregon. In addition, he is a Certified Fire Investigator (CFI) with the International Association of Arson Investigators, Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator with the National Association of Fire Investigators, and a Certified Fire Investigator with the National Board of Fire Service Professional Qualifications.
Mr. Blando received his Fire Inspector I, II & III from the Maryland Fire & Rescue Institute at the University of Maryland. He is a qualified fire inspector in different building platforms including educational institutions; retail facilities; hotels; and commercial businesses both in new and existing occupancies.
Mr. Blando served as President for the local Hawaii Chapter of the International Association of Arson Investigators, and still continues as a member.
In addition to being a qualified court expert witness during his tenure with the Maui Fire Department, Mr. Blando also served as President for the Hawaii Chapter of the International Association of Arson Investigators, and is still active with the organization.
Over his 25 years as an industry professional, Mr. Blando has performed over 500 fire and explosion investigations involving injuries, fatalities and fire damages.
• Determine origin and cause of fires involving structures including residential garages to commercial/manufacturing buildings, restaurants and high-rises.
• Determine origin and cause of fires involving vehicles including automobiles, buses, motorhomes, and tractor/trailer rigs.
• Determine origin and cause of fires involving manufacturing/mechanical equipment including roasters, baking ovens, oil refining, metal plating, and automated production lines.
• Determine origin and cause of fires involving wild land.
• Determine origin and cause of explosions involving residential, commercial and manufacturing structures.
• Determine origin and cause of fires involving marine vessels
• Fire sprinkler and alarm equipment inspection experience for compliance
Education and Professional Associations
Associate of Science degree – Chemeketa Community College, Salem, Oregon
University of Maryland – Maryland Fire & Rescue Institute
International Association of Fire Investigators - Certified Fire Investigator
National Association of Fire Investigators - Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator
National Fire Academy