MEP Practice Leader / P.E., NAFI-CFEI, NAFI-CVFI / Phoenix
With over 30 years of experience, Mr. Nowikowski has a diverse background in electrical engineering, construction, and management.
He has B.S. degrees in Mining Engineering and Electrical Engineering, an M.S. in Electrical Engineering, and an MBA. He is a registered professional engineer in 32 states, a Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator, and a Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator. In addition to his business experience, he is also a part-time College Mathematics Instructor.
Mr. Nowikowski’s forensic engineering experience features extensive experience investigating a variety of solar power installations including utility-owned solar farms, roof-mounted industrial locations, roof-mounted public school locations, and home installations. He has investigated fatalities and injuries related to electrical energy.
Mr. Nowikowski has investigated a number of lithium battery values related to power tools, e-cigarettes, and hobby toys. He has spoken twice at the international lithium battery conference in Washington D.C. and has presented at multiple local and regional conferences on various electrical topics.
He also has significant experience in cases involving residential and commercial wiring, medium voltage substations, appliance failures, battery-operated vehicles and devices, electrical aquarium components, portable generators, variable frequency drives, and high-end home automation systems. His work also includes experience in all kinds of industrial, commercial, and residential fires and vehicle fire analysis for recreational vehicles, boats, farm equipment, forklifts, and passenger cars.
Education and Certifications
• Mining Engineering, B.S.: The Pennsylvania State University
• Electrical Engineering, B.S.: University of Missouri Columbia
• Electrical Engineering, M.S.: University of Missouri Columbia
• Business Administration, M.B.A.: Jacksonville University
• Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator: National Association of Fire Investigators
• Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator: National Association of Fire Investigators
• Registered Professional Engineer: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, New Mexico, Nevada, Nebraska, North Dakota, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Wyoming, West Virginia, and Wisconsin
• UL Standards Technical Panel: Electric Aquarium Equipment, UL 1018; Electric Clothes Washing Machines, Extractors and Dryers, UL 2157; Microwave Cooking Appliances, UL 923; Electric Fans and Power Ventilators UL 507; Electric Utility Meters UL 2735; Electric Ballasts and Fluorescent Lamp Starters UL 935