Joel S. Douglas
Senior Consultant / P.E. / Tampa
Mr. Douglas earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering at the University of Connecticut in 1977. He earned his Master of Science degree in Computer and Information Science at the University of New Haven in 1982. He is a licensed Professional Engineer in Alabama, Connecticut, Florida, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas.
Over the course of his forensic career, Mr. Douglas has performed a wide variety of evaluations of structures, buildings, non-building structures, and building systems (e.g., electrical, mechanical, and HVAC systems) to determine the cause and extent of damage caused by catastrophic events including windstorms, hail, hurricanes, floods, tornados, vehicular accident, tree impact, explosions, and fires. He has provided expert opinion, for example, regarding electronics systems for large scale control systems in wastewater pollution control, municipal water systems, and oil rigs and forensic analysis on computer systems. Mr. Douglas has been grated 97 U.S. Patents during his career.
Education and Certifications
• B.S. Civil Engineering – University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT
• M.S. Computer and Information Science – University of New Haven, West Haven, CT
• Registered Professional Engineer (PE) - Alabama, Connecticut, Florida, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas
• U.S. Patent Agent – USPTO Registration Number 76025
• Florida Home Inspector – License Number H10071