Johnny B. Phanthala
Consultant / P.E. / Oklahoma City
Mr. Phanthala is a graduate of The University of Michigan with a Bachelor of Science in Civil and Environmental Engineering. He has over ten years of experience in materials testing and building evaluations (commercial and residential). He is a licensed Professional Engineer and a Structural Masonry Special Inspector.
Mr. Phanthala’s areas of expertise include: construction observation related to installation of deep and shallow foundation systems, ground improvement techniques, soils testing related to foundation subgrade bearing pressures and soil density testing, plastic and hardened concrete testing, pavement subgrade evaluations, masonry inspections, installation of post-tensioning components in concrete structures, environmental site assessments (Phase I and Phase II), installation and maintenance of storm water management best practices, vibration monitoring, building condition assessments, installation and failure assessments of External Insulation and Finish Systems (EIFS), and determining cause of failures or extent of damage to building components ranging from building foundations to roofs using Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) methods.
Mr. Phanthala has been responsible for leading a team of engineering technicians on large and complex multi-million dollar construction projects such as high-rise condominiums, and multi-story parking structures. He has completed multiple evaluations involving the failure analysis of general building components such as foundations, walls, floors, and roofs for residential and commercial properties. He provides recommendations for repairs and/or replacement of these failed systems. Mr. Phanthala has completed the four day “hands on” Roof Technology Maintenance and Inspection Training course that includes leak detecting and proper repair procedures for conventional four-ply built-up, single ply thermoplastics, EPDM, and modified bitumen roofing systems.
- Forensic engineering damage assessment
- Storm damage assessments
- Building damage evaluations
- Building damage repair recommendations
- Vibration monitoring and analysis
- Construction oversight
- Construction materials testing
Education and Registrations
- B.S. – Civil and Environmental Engineering – University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Licensed Professional Engineer: Florida, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Texas
- Structural Masonry Special Inspector, International Code Council - 8049713
- Member, American Society of Civil Engineers
- Member, National Society of Professional Engineers