Mr. Jon Shepherd is a Certified Industrial Hygienist, a Certified Safety Professional, a Licensed Mold Assessment Consultant (Texas), and a Licensed Asbestos Consultant (Texas). Mr. Shepherd holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Biological Sciences from Western Illinois University. He has over 45 years of experience in environmental, health, safety, and emergency response practice, and has provided expert testimony in the District of Columbia, Florida, Maryland, Missouri, Tennessee, and Texas.
Mr. Shepherd has completed workplace exposure evaluations and health hazard assessments related to chemical and physical agents, including asbestos, chlorine, isocyanates, mercury, lead, phosgene, toxic and nuisance dusts, chlorinated solvents, vinyl chloride, noise, and ionizing radiation in petrochemical plants. He has developed comprehensive control methodologies/programs to address chemical and physical hazards. He has also completed investigations of indoor air quality problems due to molds and other contaminants in industrial facilities, commercial buildings, apartment units, and private residences. Mr. Shepherd was actively involved in leading compliance efforts to meet federal Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) regulations for General and Construction Industries; certain aspects of state and federal environmental protection agency rules; state agencies tasked with radiation safety; and select federal DOT rules. He also has conducted compliance audits for such regulations in the U.S. and Canada.
He has also completed investigations related to food contamination, rancidity and off-flavors, stormwater and sanitary sewer discharges, defective (imported Chinese) drywall, indoor air quality and odor evaluation, smoke residue contamination from structural fire and wildfire damage, and spray polyurethane foam off-gassing.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• B.S. Biological Science: Western Illinois University, Macomb, Illinois (1974)
• Licensed Asbestos Individual Consultant (Texas License No. 105806)
• Licensed Mold Assessment Consultant (Texas License No. MAC0486)
• Certified Industrial Hygienist (Number 7388 CP), Comprehensive Practice, 1997. The American Board of Industrial Hygiene, Lansing, Michigan.
• Certified Level I Infrared Thermographer (Number 1-1584), 2008. Academy of Infrared Training, Inc., Coquitlam, BC.
• Certified Safety Professional (Number 16621), Comprehensive Practice, 2001. The Board of Certified Safety Professionals, Savoy, Illinois.
• Certified XL Tribometrist (Number 2002828), Excel Tribometers, LLC
· American Academy of Industrial Hygiene
· American Industrial Hygiene Association
· American Society of Safety Professionals