Jonnatan R. Mendez
Consultant / P.E. / Miami
Mr. Mendez is a civil engineering graduate with experience in the residential and commercial building industry. His professional experience covers over nine years in areas of structural analysis and design, structural condition assessments, failure analysis, up-to-code building renovations, quality assurance and control of design and construction, project management, scheduling, cost estimating, and contract development and management.
Mr. Mendez’s areas of expertise include forensic evaluations of existing residential and commercial structures, preparation of condition reports, and recommendations for repairs. He has conducted peer reviews for design of new construction projects and conducted site inspections to ensure conformance with permitted project specifications and ascertain the quality and progress of construction. He has examined buildings and produced engineering documents to achieve resolution for deficiencies in design, construction, and detrimental conditions that resulted in life-safety violations. His evaluations include a wide-range of construction systems and components including roofing, building envelope, wood framing and trusses, post-tensioned slabs, reinforced and precast concrete beams, columns and walls; concrete masonry, foundations, steel, aluminum and light gage metal framing; and stucco, drywall, and plaster cladding.
- Building Systems – Residential and Commercial
- Structural Assessment (Building Envelope and Foundation)
- Forensic Evaluations associated with collapse and structural failures.
- Project Management
- Retrofiring Design and Renovations
- Construction Site Inspection
- Structural Engineering
- Property Loss Consulting
- Water Infiltration Assessment
- General Property Damage Assessment
- Catastrophe Claims Vibration Damage
Education and Registrations
- B.S. Civil Engineering – Santo Domingo Institute of Technology (INTEC)
- Registered Professional Engineer – Florida, Mississippi, North Carolina, New York, South Carolina, Texas