Joseph A. Selzle
Consultant / P.E. / Omaha
Mr. Joseph Selzle holds a B.S. degree in Architectural Engineering and a Master of Architectural Engineering degree specializing in Structural Engineering. Mr. Selzle’s graduate research focused on the economic implications of designing steel-framed buildings to resist progressive collapse. He is a registered professional civil engineer in several states as outlined below.
Mr. Selzle has extensive practice in power generation, renewable fuels, LNG, and agricultural processing. He also has experience in historic restoration, exterior enclosure commissioning, construction observation, condition assessments, water intrusion investigations, structural evaluation, and failure investigation.
Mr. Selzle has also gained experience in areas of engineering management, project and construction management, scheduling, and business development.
Mr. Selzle’s areas of expertise include the review and evaluation of building enclosures including waterproofing, air barrier, roofing, and curtain wall, the design and analysis of heavy industrial steel and concrete structures, and bridge inspections. Mr. Selzle has provided construction observation services on a variety of commercial and federal government construction projects. He has also performed reviews of OSHA requirements as applicable to construction and general industry.
Mr. Selzle has design experience on a variety of projects in budget, size, and scope. His project experience has included new construction, renovation, restorations, and expansion of existing facilities.
Education and Certifications
- Architectural Engineering, M.AE.: University of Nebraska
- Architectural Engineering, B.S.: University of Nebraska
- Registered Professional Engineer: Arkansas, Iowa, Kansas, Florida, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Texas
- Certified XL Tribometrist (CXLT)
- OSHA 10-Hour Course
- OSHA 510 - OSHA Standards for the Construction Industry
- Agricultural Claims Association
- Grain Storage and Material Handling Certificate
- Advanced Grain Bin and Leg Estimation Training