Joseph A. Selzle
Consultant / P.E. / Omaha
Mr. Selzle is a graduate of the University of Nebraska with a Bachelor of Science degree in Architectural Engineering, and a Master of Architectural Engineering degree specializing in Structural Engineering. He is a licensed Professional Civil Engineer with industry experience starting in 2009. Mr. Selzle has extensive practice in power generation, renewable fuels, LNG, and agricultural processing. He also has experience in historical restoration, exterior enclosure commissioning, construction observation, condition assessments, leakage investigations, structural evaluation, and failure investigation. During the last nearly ten years, Mr. Selzle has also gained experience in areas of engineering management, project and construction management, scheduling, and business development. Mr. Selzle’s graduate research focused on the economic implications of designing steel framed buildings to resist progressive collapse.
Mr. Selzle’s areas of expertise include the review and evaluation of building enclosures including water proofing, air barrier, roofing, and curtain wall, the design and analysis of heavy industrial steel and concrete structures, and bridge inspections. Mr. Selzle has provided construction observation services on a variety of commercial and federal government construction projects. He has also performed reviews of OSHA requirements as applicable to construction and general industry.
Mr. Selzle has design experience on a variety of projects in budget, size, and scope. His project experience has included new construction, renovation, restorations, and expansion of existing facilities.
- Conducting forensic analysis of various building systems and material failures.
- Investigating failures of building envelope system installations including types of roofing systems, exterior wall cladding systems, and foundation systems.
- Evaluation for origin and cause of structural failures including primary building structures and foundations.
- Premise Liability including building code evaluations, handrail and stairway evaluations. Construction claims and disputes including contract review, cost estimating, and defect identification.
Education and Registrations
- M.A.E. – Architectural Engineering – University of Nebraska
- B.S. – Architectural Engineering – University of Nebraska
- Registered Professional Engineer - Nebraska
- Structural Engineer’s Association of Nebraska (SEAON) – Member
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) – Member
- National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE) – Member