Mr. Joseph Manges is an Accredited Accident Reconstructionist with the Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction (ACTAR #1430).
He has worked in the law enforcement since 1998, where his duties consisted of patrol, accident investigation and reconstruction, and as an evidence technician. Mr. Manges was a Deputy Commander for the county-wide Major Crash Assistance Team that responds on a moment’s notice to accidents involving fatalities, serious injuries, and special requests.
Mr. Manges has conducted investigations on numerous accidents that include cars, motorcycles, pedestrians, bicyclists, ATVs, snowmobiles, and commercial motor vehicles. He is certified in preserving, imaging/downloading and analyzing a vehicle’s event data recorder where applicable. He is also a certified instructor and teaches classes in the use of forensic mapping equipment, CAD software, and the Crash Data Retrieval technician course. Mr. Manges has consulted on cases that involve both the plaintiff and defendant’s side.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Mechanical Engineering Technology, A.A.S.: College of Lake County (2016)
• Criminal Justice, A.A.S.: College of Lake County (1997)
• Accredited Traffic Accident Reconstructionist: Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction (ACTAR #1430)
• Accident Reconstruction Specialists: Illinois (2004)
• Basic Police Training: Police Academy, 400 hours
• Blood Alcohol Testing Certification: Illinois State Police (2001)
• Child Passenger Safety Technician Certification: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (2000)
• Remote Drone Pilot Certification: Drone Pilot Ground School (2018)
• Accident Reconstruction Network (ARC): Member
• Illinois Associations of Technical Accident Investigators, (IATAI): Member
• International Association of Forensic and Security Metrology (IAFSM): Member
• National Association of Professional Accident Reconstruction Specialists (NAPARS): Member