Joseph M. Ellington
Gulf Coast Region Fire Division Manager / CFI, CFEI, CFE / Houston
Mr. Ellington has over 30 years of experience in conducting, supervising, and managing advanced technical investigations of small and large scale fires and explosions involving property loss, injury and death. His primary responsibility includes fires and explosions where origin cause and responsibility are at issue, fire and explosion injury and death litigation cases, product defects and liability cases, and arson for fraud investigations and claims denials.
Mr. Ellington’s expertise includes:
- Fire dynamics analysis, computer fire modeling and simulation.
- Fire & explosion origin and cause determinations
- LPG and natural gas fires and explosions.
- High explosives.
- Fire code and standards compliance.
- Product and label warning evaluations in fire related cases.
- Fire detection, response, and extinguishing systems.
- Arson for fraud.
Includes fires and explosions involving:
- Heavy equipment
- Marine vessels
- Post-Graduate Studies – University of New Haven
- B.S. Law Enforcement –Sam Houston State University
- C.F.I – International Assn. of Arson Investigators
- C.F.E.I., C.F.I.I., & C.V.F.I. – National Association of Fire Investigators
- C.F.E. – Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Prof. Member – International Assn. of Bomb Tech. & Inves.
- Prof. Member – National Fire Protection Association