Joseph P. Cordova
Fire Consultant / IAAI-CFI, NAFI-CFEI, NAFI-CVFI / San Antonio
Mr. Cordova is a Certified Fire Investigator (CFI) by the International Association of Arson Investigators (IAAI) and is a Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator (CFEI) by the National Association of Fire Investigators (NAFI). Additionally, he holds the Motor Vehicle Fire Investigator endorsement (CVFI) through NAFI.
Mr. Cordova has extensive experience in both the fire service and Emergency Medical Service operations with 27 years of service as a public safety professional. Mr. Cordova has experience in all facets of fire and explosion investigation procedures in both the public and private sectors that have included incidents with fatalities, fires in residential structures, large commercial structures, machinery, heavy equipment, and vehicles. He has worked on scenes with a multi-agency response and other complex investigations. Mr. Cordova has provided testimony in both criminal courts and civil depositions. He has reviewed origin and cause reports submitted by other investigators, conducted follow-up interviews, prepared cases for submission to the District Attorney’s office, and provided consultation for the Assistant District Attorneys during numerous cases. Through his work, he has and developed positive working relationships with numerous local, state, and federal authorities.
Mr. Cordova maintains current, working knowledge of the latest edition of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 921, Guide for Fire and Explosion Investigations. Additionally, he has satisfied the educational requirements for all 16 job performance requirements as set forth by the 2014 edition of NFPA 1033, Standard for Professional Qualifications for Fire Investigator.
Education and Certifications
● Certified Fire Investigator- International Association of Arson Investigators (#03-022489)
● Certified Professional Qualifications Board Fire Investigator (#379438)
● Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator- National Association of Fire Investigators (#16047)
● Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator- National Association of Fire Investigators (#10536v)
● Certified Fire Officer I- (IFSAC #2677664)
● Certified Firefighter II- (IFSAC #909201)
● Certified Fire Service Instructor- (IFSAC #2676503)
● Certified Hazardous Materials Operator (IFSAC #2469593)
● Department of Homeland Security National Incident Command System ICS-100, 200, 700