Joseph R. Samnik
Principal Consultant / Tampa
Mr. Samnik is an industry leader in arboriculture and horticulture with over 50 years of experience. He holds a degree from the American Society of Consulting Arborists (ASCA) Arboriculture Consulting Academy. Mr. Samnik continued his education with Horticultural Training from the Institute of Food and Agricultural Science (IFAS), University of Florida, where he acquired in excess of 15 CEUs per year and Arboreal training at ASCA and the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) where he acquired in excess of 30 CEU’s per year respectively.
His areas of expertise include tree and landscape appraisals, business damages, tree preservation, tree ordinance disputes, hazardous tree evaluations, insect/disease identification and control, horticultural consulting and diagnostics, as well as education and training.
He's worked with a wide range of clientele including the U.S. Dept. of Justice; Taylor Woodrow; Blair Communities; Ryland Homes; Sembler; Walton Partners; Highwoods Properties; Trammel Crow; Trenam Kemker; Crescent Resources; Westinghouse; Reynolds Aluminum; U.S. Homes; Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT); Chase Manhattan Bank; Allstate Insurance Company; Centex Rooney; McDonald’s Corporation; Beneficial Finance; Prisker and Prisker; Clear Channel; Sierra Development; D.R. Horton; KB Home; University of South Florida; University of Tampa; Florida Outdoor Advertising Association; Clark Construction; RIPA; Tampa Aviation Authority; Housing Opportunities for People Everywhere (H.O.P.E. VI); Tampa Bay Buccaneers; Steak and Shake; Division of Risk Management; Bureau of State Liability Claims; Lennar Homes; Lloyds of London; Zurich International Insurance; AIA; Florida Power & Light Co.; JP Morgan – Chase; Banker Lopez Gassler P.A. and numerous eminent domain professionals and attorneys.
Education and Certifications
• Certified Arborist: International Society of Arboriculture (#SO-0408)
• Certified Bureau of Entomology: Dept. of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Office of Entomology, Florida (#7774)
• ISA Certified Arborist Advanced Training in Roadside Vegetation Management: International Society of Aboriculture
• Certified Pest Control Operator: Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Office of Entomology, State of Florida. Diagnostics and application of restricted use pesticides pursuant to Chapter 482 of the Florida Statutes (# 7774)
• Tree Risk Assessment Qualified