Senior Consultant / P.E. / Cleveland / Pittsburgh
Mr. Brighton graduated from Pennsylvania State University with a Bachelor and Master of Science degrees in Civil Engineering (Structures Emphasis). He is a licensed Professional Engineer in Ohio, Pennsylvania & West Virginia. He has over 16 years of experience in the investigation of structural failures and structural condition assessments, including damage repair. Mr. Brighton has inspected and evaluated thousands of structural failures, including single and multiple family dwellings, commercial buildings, office buildings, warehouse facilities, agricultural buildings, schools, churches, bridges, culverts, and retaining walls.
Over the course of his forensic career he has inspected structures comprised of wood, steel, concrete, masonry, cold formed steel, and precast concrete. Assignments have involved building code compliance; compliance with industry standards; construction defects; structural failures; vibration effects resulting from blasting, earthquakes, construction equipment, and nearby explosions; vehicle and tree impacts to buildings; hail damage; damage from high winds;foundation movement; water intrusion; and plumbing leaks. He has provided expert witness testimony.
- Structural Evaluation
- Design and construction deficiencies/code compliance
- Building material failures
- Wind, hail, lightning, and flood damage
- Source of moisture
- Roof system failures
- Settlement and subsidence
- Vibration & blasting
- B.S. Civil Engineering – The Pennsylvania State University
- M.S. Civil Engineering – The Pennsylvania State University
- Registered Professional Engineer - Florida, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia
- Structural Engineering Certification Board (SECB)