Justin M. Grammer
Consultant / P.E. / Birmingham
Mr. Grammer is a graduate of The University of Alabama with a Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree in Civil Engineering. He has an extensive background in the field of general construction and has combined this with significant design and project management experience in structural engineering providing services to clients ranging from architecture firms to Fortune 500 chemical companies.
Mr. Grammer’s nearly 10 years of experience in the project management of general construction projects includes residential and commercial applications. His responsibilities included estimating, contract management, resource planning, scheduling, procurement, BIM management and project execution. His projects have covered single family residences, hospitals, manufacturing, commercial applications and parking structures.
Mr. Grammer’s design and project management experience in structural engineering includes residential, commercial, manufacturing and heavy industrial applications. His responsibilities included front-end material takeoff and total installed cost estimating, contract management, foundation and structural framing system design, multi-discipline design coordination management, BIM modeling and construction administration lead. His projects have included single family residences, multi-family mixed-use facilities, commercial office buildings, institutional classroom facilities, storm shelter design, power generation facilities, pulp and paper production facilities and chemical plant design.
Mr. Grammer has special knowledge in the use of engineering and design software such as AutoCAD, REVIT, RAM Structural System, RAM Elements, RISA, CSI Library (ETABS/SAFE/SAP) and ADAPT. Mr. Grammer’s experience has encompassed projects with nearly every building material including timber framing, light-gauge metal framing, aluminum, structural steel, mild and post-tensioned reinforced concrete and reinforced masonry.
- Forensic structural analysis in industrial, commercial and residential settings to determine the cause and origin of apparent concerns
- Structural analysis of collapses in pre-engineered metal buildings, structural steel framed structures, single and multi-story wood framed buildings and retaining walls
- Structural design engineer and project manager in heavy industrial settings with structures framed with reinforced masonry, structural steel and mild reinforced concrete systems
- Structural design engineer and project manager in residential, commercial and manufacturing applications
- Capital construction project manager involving budget development, design development, project coordination, scheduling and execution.
- Project manager in commercial general construction involving schedule development, budget development, project estimating, trade coordination, contract management, project execution and closeout.
Education and Registrations
- M.S. Civil Engineering – The University of Alabama
- B.S. Civil Engineering – The University of Alabama
- Registered Professional Engineer – Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, Texas