Keith H. Murray
Fire Consultant / GiFireE, IAAI-CFI, NAFI-CEFI, APAEWE / London, United Kingdom / Bristol, United Kingdom
Mr. Murray has completed national certifications and is a qualified Fire Investigator, Fire Behavior Instructor, and Fire Safety and Accident Investigation Officer.
Mr. Murray’s professional career includes 29 years with Dumfries and Galloway, Staffordshire & Scottish Fire and Rescue Services. In that capacity, he was involved in many different emergency service positions including firefighter, Crew and Watch Manager and Station Commander, Fire Investigation Officer, National Project Manager, Operational Intelligence Officer, Operational Assurance Officer, Assistant Area Commander, Lead Training Instructor and certified Fire Safety Inspecting Officer. Mr. Murray has investigated the origin and cause of fires within the Fire and Rescue Service for over 14 years. As Station Commander, his role involved responsibility for determining the origin and cause of fire and explosions, the assessment and evaluation of on-site conditions, identifying and collecting physical evidence, and preparing and presenting oral and written reports.
Mr. Murray was responsible for writing National Policy and Procedures for operational intelligence and operational assurance. His role as Resilience Manager was to ensure that the Regional Delivery Plan on Pandemic flu, flooding, terrorism, natural disasters, etc., was successfully implemented on behalf of the Regional and Scottish Government. His role required a National Security Clearance (SC) due to the sensitive and secret information.
Mr. Murray was recognized for achievements throughout his career and was the recipient of awards that include Government Commendation for the Lockerbie Air Disaster, Chief Officer Health and Safety Award, Prime Minister Commendation for his services to the Fire and Rescue Service. He is a member of the United Kingdom Association of Fire Investigators (UK-AFI), Member of the Institute of Fire Engineers (IFE), the National Association of Fire Investigators (NAFI) and the International Association Arson Investigators (IAAI).
Education and Certifications
• Qualified Fire Investigator (IAAI-CFI)
• Qualified Fire and Explosive Investigator (NAFI-CEFI)
• Legal Experience Training APAEWE, Master Level
• Fire Investigation Technician (IAAI-FIT) Certification
• Expert Witness Meeting Training
• Expert Witness Familiarisation Court Skills
• Bond Solon Expert report writing
• NEBOSH Fire Safety and Risk Management Certificate
• Qualified Hazmat Detection Identification and Monitoring Officer
• Project Management Diploma
• Fire and Rescue Service Management, Degree: Lancaster University
• Qualified Fire Investigation: Fire Service College
• Qualified Hazardous Material and Environmental Protection Officer
• National Examination Board Occupational Safety and Health with Merit
• National Accident Investigation Certification
• Hazardous Materials Instructor
• Fire Behavior Instructor
• Station Commander Qualification
• Watch Commander Qualification
• Crew Commander Qualification