Fire Consultant / CFI, CFEI / Los Angeles/Riverside
Mr. Marshall is a Certified Fire Investigator (IAAI-CFI) with the International Association of Arson Investigators, a Certified Fire Explosion Investigator (CFEI) and Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator (CVFI) with the National Association of Fire Investigators, Certified Fire Investigator II with the California State Board of Fire Services and Certified Fire Investigator with the National Board of Fire Services Professional Qualifications.
Mr. Marshall is a court qualified expert witness with 17 years of experience both in the public and private sectors investigating fires and explosions to determine origin and cause. The majority of the incidents have involved residential and commercial structures. Other investigations have included vehicle fires, wildland fire incidents and miscellaneous property fires.
Mr. Marshall has personally investigated over 1300 fire and explosion incidents during his career with the Orange City Fire Department and in the private sector. Domestic investigations have been performed in the states of Nevada, California, Washington, Alaska, and Hawaii.
- Determine origin and cause of fires involving structures including residential garages to commercial/manufacturing buildings, restaurants and high-rise.
- Determine origin and cause of fires involving vehicles including automobiles, buses, motorhomes, and tractor/trailer rigs.
- Determine origin and cause of fires involving heavy equipment including excavators, fork lifts, backhoes and commercial pavers.
- Determine origin and cause of fires involving manufacturing/mechanical equipment including commercial kitchen cooking equipment, laser cutting machines and commercial ovens.
- Determine origin and cause of fires involving wildland.
- Determine origin and cause of explosions involving residential, commercial and manufacturing structures.
Education and Professional Associations
- California State Fire Marshal’s Office, Fire Investigator I&II Certifications
- International Association of Arson Investigators IAAI- Certified Fire Investigator
- National Board on Fire Service Professional Qualification/ Pro Board Certification
- National Association of Arson Investigators (NAFI) Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator
- National Association of Arson Investigators (NAFI) Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator
- California Conference of Arson Investigators (CCAI) Certified Fire Investigator
- California Conference of Arson Investigators (CCAI) Board of Directors
- Wildland Fire Origin and Cause Investigator / FI-210 –XP-WFOCD-809
- Golden West College- Administration of Justice Santa Ana College – Fire Technology and Investigation