Fire Consultant / IAAI-CFI, CFEI, CVFI / Louisville
Mr. Dunn is a Certified Fire Investigator (IAAI-CFI) through the International Association of Arson Investigators. He is also a Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator (CFEI) and a Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator (CFVI) through the National Association of Fire Investigators. He has completed the Fire/Arson Investigation course at the National Fire Academy located in Emmitsburg, Maryland.
Mr. Dunn has over 25 years of experience in the fire service and law enforcement fields. He began his career as a volunteer firefighter and a law enforcement telecommunicator. He retired from the Kentucky State Police as an Arson Investigator after 20 years of service. His professional experience included the investigation of residential, commercial, and vehicle fire and explosion incidents. This included determining the origin and cause of the incident, conducting the criminal investigation, making physical arrests, and providing testimony in both criminal and civil court proceedings. He has specialized training and experience with fatal fire investigations, interviewing techniques, auto-theft, insurance fraud, wildland fire investigation, and crime scene processing.
During his career with the Kentucky State Police, Mr. Dunn was tasked with developing and implementing a field training program for Arson Investigators. He was responsible for conducting the field training of multiple Kentucky State Police Arson Investigators, as well as training State Trooper cadets in fire scene investigation. He was also a certified law enforcement instructor by the Kentucky Law Enforcement Council.
- Fire origin and cause investigations in all property types from single-family residential to complex commercial and industrial losses.
- Vehicle fire investigations involving passenger vehicles, buses, heavy equipment, and farm machinery.
- Explosions in both residential and commercial properties.
- Criminal investigations involving arson, homicide, burglary, crime concealment, and insurance fraud.
- IAAI Certified Fire Investigator
- NAFI Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator
- NAFI Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator
- Licensed Fire Investigator - Indiana, West Virginia
- Licensed Private Investigator - Kentucky, Ohio, Tennessee